Friday, November 19, 2010

This is the Sphinx.  I saw him on my third day in Egypt.  He is one of the biggest
things I have ever seen.  Also, his nose is missing.  It is unclear what happened to it.  I think he is my favorite because he is so big. 


This map is of Egypt.  I like it because it shows all of the temples on the Nile river.
It is one of the best maps I could find.
These pyramids are outside of Cairo.  They are cool because of how close  
together they are, and they are very big - even the small ones.  I froze.  I saw this picture and it took my breath away.

 This is called the Valley of the Kings.
Many of the Pharaohs where buried here.  I saw this from the plane  on my way home, so I took a picture of it.  I really wanted a sandwich on the trip home, and the plane made me groggy.


This is Anubis.  He is the Egyptian god of embalming; which is preparing a mummy for burial.
I like him a lot because he is very cool looking.  It is said that he is a protector of the tomb.  


5 comments:

  1. Nice post, I liked how you explained why you chose the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the part where you talked about Anubis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent travels. Did you meet Anubis?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all the images you took esp. the one of the pyramids. Nice!

    ReplyDelete