For this post I am going to Florence,Italy. I am going to see the Florence cathedral as it is being made.
The cathedral is the big dome. At the time, it was the largest free-standing dome. It was made by a man named Filippo Brunelleschi. He was famous for this invention. Many people called him crazy. The Pope was concerned that it was not going to be finished and he started cracking eggs in front of the Pope to prove how the dome would work. Well I am off to see the cathedral being made.Hi, I am here. The massive structure is being built. You can constantly hear the sound of hammers and men hard at work. When the dome is done, Florence will be the most popular place to be.
It is getting a little late. I am going to sleep until the morning.
BRUNELLESCHI
I am up and ready. Today, I think I am going to try to meet Brunelleschi. It will be difficult because he is very hard at work. I know that he is personally installing some of the bricks for the chapel. I really hope that I can at least talk to him. I also heard last night, while I was walking home, that the project was bankrupt. But now that they are finishing it, people won't have to have a partially finished building in their city. It is a real shame that they ran out of money. But at least they are making it the biggest free-standing dome. It is actually better that way. It probably would have been a pretty ugly building. Well, I am off to meet Brunelleschi. "Hey Brunelleschi"
"Get out! I am working!"
"Okay."
Man, he is really mean! I am going to stay here untill the dome is complete. That way I can see the inside.
Two months later
Okay. it is done, I took this picture from the inside
See you guys next time.

Haha! That was fun, and I liked the pictures!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAlthough you have a lot of info, you should add more.
ReplyDeleteThis has a lot of information for a photo safari, and I'm glad about that.
ReplyDelete