Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I travel with Huldrych Zwingli

     Hello, today I am going to meet with a man named Huldrych Zwingli.  He lived in Switzerland, and was a catholic priest.  That is all that I really know about him.  I have not studied him all that much.  Well, I am off.

     I am now in Switzerland.  It is very boring from what I can see.  I am in a field.  There is one tree in the middle.  Oh, I think I see a church on the other side.  I am going to go over there.  It looks like it is a Catholic church.  That might be Zwingli's church...

     I am at the church.  Sorry it took so long - I fell into a stream.  I could not see it because the grass was too tall.  I am going inside now.  We have to be very quiet.  I think he is giving a speech.  He sounds very authoritative.  Wait, the people are clapping and coming out of the church.  He must be done.  Oh, here he comes.

"Hi, I am Paul Shniz."
"Hello, I am Huldrych Zwingli."
"Nice to meet you.  I was wondering, may I write a story about you?"
"That would be great!  It would give me a lot of credit around town."
"Thank you very much."
Later that day...

     I am now back at his house.  It is really small, but comfortable.  He has told me about the important things in his life so far.  He has convinced the local government to remove any teachings from his area that were not based on the Bible.  He wants Christians to focus on the Bible.  His church does not have any singing or music of any kind, and he has taken his ideas to other cities.   He is planing on going to war, but I do not want to be part of that, so I am going home.

     I have finally arrived back at my home.  I am looking up more about Zwingli right now.  He died in the war!  What?!  Man that is too bad.  He was a nice and legitimate guy.  His legacy will live forever.  See you next time.  Bye.

3 comments:

  1. Good use of vocab words, and I like the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the last paragraph because you were using so many vocab words, but you should add a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is cool that he let you write a story about him, so when is it going to be published:)?

    ReplyDelete